Monday 17 October 2016

Street Style Event Mayflower

Two blogging events in Essex in one month? I know right, couldn't believe my luck! 


I am getting bumpier and bumpier as the seconds pass so I have been increasingly unwilling to travel into London for events, and unfortunately that means I've missed out on some fabulous experiences. So when Megan from Citypress contacted me to see if I would be interested in attending the Street Style Event at Mayflower I couldn't wait. Myself and my 'entourage' (mum and my cousin Rosie) arrived at Mayflower just after eleven and couldn't miss the Street Style Bus, they had made everything look fabulous. Cakey McCakeFace was on hand to provide refreshments in the form of the yummiest cupcakes. As you can imagine Rosie made a beeline for these tasty treats and was spoilt with a cotton candy cupcake, I may have even sneaked myself a bite. 





I fell in love with JP Hevey, he is a real fashion guru and had some picked some bits from the local shops that I would definitely see myself wearing. I can not wait to get back shopping once I have had the baby, I really hope the embroidery trend is still in the shops for spring. JP had us all crying with laughter as well as wowing us with his styling tips, someone give this man his own TV show pronto! 



My mum has been talking lately about wanting to update her make up look so it was perfect timing to have celebrity make up artist Fiona Florczak on hand to show her how to take a subtle smokey eye from day to night effortlessly. You may recognise Fiona as she was once a commercial dancer and appeared with bands such as Blue and also danced on the X Factor (Harry Styles year too I might add!) Fiona and I spent some time chatting afterwards and I asked if she every looked to bloggers or you tube guru's for inspiration, we decided both Lisa Eldridge and Charlotte Tilbury stand out. 

On the style bus we was treated to free beauty treatments, Rosie couldn't wait to get her nails painted. And in true Rosie fashion chose a bright pink colour with red glitter strands, she felt very grown up and can not wait for her next salon experience. Mum was also treated to a relaxing hand and arm massage, you don't realise quite how much tension you actual hold in your hands. We should certainly take more care of them, they work so hard for us. 



The perfect end to the day was my little Shih Tzu Ralph being treated to a pup cake from the wonderful staff at Cakey McCakeFace, we are saving it for a midweek treat but it looks so delicious I had to be sure to tell my husband not to take a sneaky bite. 


If you want to get involved in some Street Style fun you can see the gang next weekend in Nugent make sure you go and say Hi 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Across This Page. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig