Wednesday 12 October 2016

Bourgee Chelmsford Launch Review

Lobster, Steak & Serious Style


Last Thursday I was one of the lucky ones invited to the launch of the new Bourgee Steak and lobster restaurant in Chelmsford. After the success of Bourgee Southend-on-Sea, Chelmsford was the perfect choice of location to open their flagship site within the city's newly created 'restaurant quarter'. For Bourgee this is only the beginning with new sites already secured in Bury St Edmonds and Norwich the future is looking very bright indeed for Bourgee. 

With the promise of canapés fresh in our minds myself and my friend Chloe couldn't wait to see all that was on offer. Bourgee promises luxury dining at affordable prices, it is clear as soon as you arrive that luxury is firmly embedded in restaurants ethos.



The downstairs restaurant area creates a truly luxury ambiance, we struggled to pull our attention away from the mesmerising water feature situated behind the front desk. Both myself and Chloe came to the conclusion that we would be very impressed to be brought here on a date (gentlemen take note please) The upstairs bar area is available for private hire, something I will definitely be keeping in mind for future events.


My experience of being offered canapés at events has varied massively during the last couple of years attending blogging events. However when you are visiting a steak and lobster restaurant it is very difficult not to get your hopes up and start imagining all of the glorious possibilities. I am so pleased to be able to tell you that Bourgee did not disappoint, I was treated to some of the most delicious food I have ever tasted and was left wanting to try more!

Lobster pot stickers
My favourite one ... but I am not actually sure what it was, oops! 
Gazpacho chilled shooter with frazzled chorizo
Mini donuts with cinnamon sugar
Lobster & Cheese filled profitroles  
Maple glazed pork belly bites
The staff were all so friendly and hospitable they couldn't do enough to make us feel welcome and comfortable. The girls handing out the canapés very patiently let me take photos of the delicious food  as well as filling my boots (I definitely tried them all more than once) We was even lucky enough to be given a tour of the kitchen where everyone was working especially hard to roll out the amazing food and probably could have done without me shoving cameras in their space, however they were super accommodating and even cooked us a special piece of steak, talk about being treated as VIPs.




We didn't plan on staying as long as we did, being pregnant I get so tired in the evenings, however we ended up sitting comfortably for a good couple of hours chatting and indulging ourselves. We had the chance to speak with various different members of the Bourgee staff, all of which were so passionate about what we are going to see from the company in 2017. I for one can not wait to see what is next. 




A BIG HUGE Thank You to Bourgee for having us. I will definitely be back for a full meal very soon!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Across This Page. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig