Monday 10 August 2015

Lunch | Yauatcha

I'm definitely one for trying all different types of food. So far in my 24 years of life I've discovered I'm not a fan of baked beans and mushrooms - Pretty good going but awkward asking for them not to be present on my plate when ordering a Full English as apparently I'm in the minority here. 

One cuisine I'm not too familiar with is Chinese. When I think of going out for dinner an Indian or Italian meal always springs to mind and so when I was offered the chance to eat at the lovely restaurant, Yauatcha I wasn't sure what to expect. 



Yauatcha is a mix between Chinese dim sum and a French patisserie. It shouldn't work but it does. Luckily for me I was in the company of people who knew what to order from the numerous pages of choice. Everything came out as and when it was ready which I quite enjoyed as I didn't know what I would be eating next as I sipped away on my Ginger Martini - An adults ginger beer as I like to think of it. 

We started with the crispy duck. Which might I add was the most delicious crispy duck I have ever tasted. I don't know what it had been marinated in but I want the recipe right now. It was sweet and moorish and quite frankly I could have eaten the whole thing to myself. 

Next we had small dishes and I liked all of them bar one. The King Crab Sui Ma was first and foremost the most tricky thing to eat. In the end it was a rather unglamorous affair as I had to stab at it to eat it. Not ideal in such a swish establishment. Everything else was amazing though and it was fun experimenting with dishes I probably wouldn't have picked if I was choosing for myself. We had, Venison Puff, Chili Squid, Prawn Toast, Char Sui Bun, King Crab Sui Ma, Pork and Prawn Sui Ma and Spicy Szechuan Pork Wanton.



Then dessert. I am a huge chocolate fan, I always have room for chocolate after every meal - judge away - and I can say hand on heart that the Chocolate Pebble is the best dessert I have ever had. It was rich, smooth and melt in the mouth joy. Luckily for me, Yauatcha have a shop dedicated entirely to Patisserie goodies just around the corner from where I work. Dangerous but wonderful. Close friends watch out, I may be dragging you here for dessert in the near future.



Have you got any recommendations for different restaurants worth a taste test? Let us know, we're always looking for an excuse to dine out!

Love,
Alex x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Across This Page. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig