Monday 24 August 2015

The Perfect Holiday | Corfu

I have just returned home from a week in Ermones on the west coast of Corfu. I have to say it was the most idyllic and lovely holiday I have been on from arrival to departure - prior to the sad transfer to Corfu Airport and I'm already planning my return trip.

We booked the holiday through Thomson a little apprehensively as there are always stories circulating about different travel agencies with bad customer services and horror stories of awful hotels upon arrival. I'm happy to say that our experience with them could not have been better (ignoring the little surname spelling mishap which was easily resolved with a quick phone call). When we got to the hotel we were greeted by the ever so friendly Emily, our Thomson rep and she advised us on where to visit, the best restaurants in Corfu Town and how to make the most of our week away. All the questions you really want answered on holiday but are normally too lazy or embarrassed to ask.




We stayed at the Grand Mediterraneo Resort & Spa after searching for the ideal place online. Located right on the edge of a cliff, there is another hotel tucked away down the road but nothing else for miles around. We were initially worried about the lack of easily accessible things to do, however once I saw the view from the pool and experienced the cocktails I knew I didn't want to venture too far afield after all. The temperature didn't drop below 30 degrees and the aqua aerobics with a view of the Mediterranean Sea was definitely worth the effort of leaving the comfort of my sun lounger and book.

We visited pretty Corfu Town and explored the cobbly streets and had the largest pizza to date. Not exactly Greek cuisine but when in Rome! No. Wait that's not right. We also went on a glass bottom boat where we were treated to a, slightly eery, view of the sea floor where divers showed us lobster and fish close up. I'm not the best with under water scenes so I enjoyed the boat ride from the deck around the island under a welcomed refreshing rain storm.





There was the typical buffet style dinner that you expect from most European hotels but the food at the Grand Mediteranneo was delicious and varied each night. Entertainment followed dinner every evening but no karaoke in sight, thank goodness. There was a mixture of jazz and traditional Greek music which was always such a relaxing way to end the evening.




I honestly can't sing the praises of this hotel enough and I've been annoying everyone with my holiday blues since landing back in London. I can't wait to visit again and I just hope it lives up to my high expectations again next time!




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Across This Page. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig