Monday 1 May 2017

Lylie is SIX Months

I can not believe that it has already been a whole SIX months since my little angel was born. It seems like five minutes ago that I was carrying around that big bump on my ridiculously swollen ankles! 



I would love to be able to say that the first six months have been a walk in the park but that is just not the truth, it has been the biggest challenge I have faced to date. Not that Lylie is a difficult baby at all because she has been wonderful, but all new borns are hard work. 

Now that she is half a year (wow this time again and it will be her 1st birthday) some things are getting easier and some things are getting harder. Generally she will now sleep through the night, however usually she starts chatting to herself before five, although I refuse to get out of bed until earliest half six the early mornings are still a killer. We have started weaning which is actually so much fun, I am embarking on a mixture of BLW and Puree (more on this later i'm sure) watching Lylie sample new flavours is one of my favourite things about life so far. Her personality is already starting to shine though, although she looks like her dad she is already a little mini me (resting bitch face included) already fiercely independent and feisty as hell. She is getting quite frustrated with herself, she wants to do more than she is currently able to do, if she could just get up and walk she would. It's quite hard to watch her trying to do things and not being able to yet, I can feel her frustration.


I can't believe how lucky we are to have a healthy little baby girl who is thriving. And although it isn't always sunshine and roses honestly at this stage a lot of the time it is. Soon I will be back in the office, I am already missing her before I've even set my back to work date yet. 

P.S I apologise for the quality of these photos they were taken on my iPhone just for fun :) 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Across This Page. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig