Monday 14 September 2015

Wonderfully Warm

Wonderfully Warm
Autumn is definitely my favourite season. It comes with a few drawbacks like the short days - getting home from work at 6:30pm in the dark isn't ideal and the UK's severe lack of coping with snow but I love nothing better than a sunny, fresh weekend so I can wear a big wooly jumper, snug socks, cosy boots and my Ray Ban Wayfarers.

I feel like the last few months of the year means I can look put together when in reality I'm normally wearing my favourite pair of jeans and one of my millions of aran jumpers which will finally come out of hiding.

For me, the above collection of Autumn goodies is my ideal ensemble for those nippier climates. I absolutely love the high neck jumper from New Look (which is winging its way to me right now, thank you online shopping) and I think it looks far more expensive than the £19.99 price tag. I massively bought into the roll neck trend at the beginning of this year and I'm so pleased it's stuck around for another cold season.

Ripped jeans weren't part of my wardrobe until quite recently so I am still clinging onto the style hoping they will transition me into winter. My black jeans always get more air time from September to January as I think they look smarter when I'm wearing a casual knit on top.

I have been eyeing this Whistles Verity Backpack up for months now and although it will probably stay in my fictitious wardrobe rather than me being able to wear it proudly on my shoulders, I still would like a black leather backpack of some description. I have been wanting one all summer and never got round to it so maybe I'll find a perfect Verity dupe soon.

I already own some tan desert boots very similar to this which I wore at the end of last year and also this summer with a denim dress. They're not everyone's cup of tea but they're comfortable, practical and come in so many different colours - If you can't decide on one colour it's ok to buy numerous pairs, right?

To double up on warmth and add a splash of colour you can never go wrong with a check scarf. The warm burgundy and navy work well with the dark grey jumper and also the light boots, tying it all together perfectly. I would wear my large black felt fedora with this outfit but I can never say no to another bobble hat and in my defense I don't currently have one in this particular shade of nude. Finally, the ear cuff is a touch of glam and a nice clash to the off duty look. I'm not a particularly glitzy person so I think I would feel more comfortable wearing this when paired with a more relaxed combo.

As much as I'll be sad to say goodbye to 'summer' I'm giddy with excitement at the thought of not having to bare my pale pins for a while...

Love, Alex x



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Across This Page. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig